As a content creator, it is important to maintain a good reputation and uphold the standards of E-A-T. What does this mean for you? In short, it means that you must be an expert on the topic you are writing about, and that your content must be accurate and trustworthy. Let’s take a closer look at why this is so important.
Google also takes your reputation into account when ranking your content in search results.
Algorithms identify signals that correlate with E-A-T (PageRank & links)Lily Ray – Senior Director, SEO & Head of Organic Research at Amsive Digital
What Is E-A-T?
E-A-T is a measure of how trustworthy and authoritative your content is. Google looks at factors like your qualifications, experience, and reviews when assessing your E-A-T. The higher your E-A-T, the more likely your content is to rank well in search results.
Why Is E-A-T Important?
The answer lies in two concepts: E-A-T and Reputation. E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. These are the three qualities that Google looks for when determining whether or not a content creator has a good reputation.
So if you want to improve your reputation, then you need to focus on improving your E-A-T score. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at what E-A-T is and why it’s so important for content creators.
If you have high-quality content that is also trustworthy and authoritative, then Google will be more likely to show it to searchers. This means that you’ll get more traffic to your website, which can lead to more customers or clients.
How Can I Improve My E-A-T?
There are a few things you can do to improve your E-A-T:
- Make sure you have verifiable qualifications and experience in the topics you write about. If you’re an expert on a topic, be sure to list your credentials on your website or blog.
- Get reviews from respected sources. If you’re a business owner, encourage your customers or clients to leave reviews on popular review sites like Google My Business or Yelp.
- Make sure your website is secure and up to date. Your website should have an SSL certificate and be regularly updated with new content.
- By following these tips, you can improve your EAT and help ensure that your content ranks well in search results.
3 Things that will hurt your E-A-T
- content mills that churn out low-quality articles
- sites with little to no original content
- sites that are crammed full of ads and pop-ups
How about we see actual webpages that has good and bad E-A-T?
The two examples above should give you enough information to make the necessary changes to your promotional content.
If you want to go deeper into the topic, I strongly recommend you to check Leveraging E-A-T For SEO Success!. I’m convinced that this document is one of the best sources of information about EAT you can find online (And Google does too).
💡Hint: Pages with good EAT are pages that declare the university background of the author.
Make sure your author is somebody with proven record online.
Expertise, authority and trustworthiness – three factors that are crucial for content creators if they want their content to rank well in search results. Google considers factors such as your qualifications, experience and ratings when evaluating your EAT.
A high EAT score means that Google is more likely to show your content to searchers looking for information on the topics you write about. To improve your EAT score, make sure you have verifiable qualifications and experience in the topics you write about, get reviews from respected sources, and ensure that your website is secure and up to date.
If you follow these tips you can improve greatly improve the ranking of all of the content on side” sounds great doesn’t it?