Are you looking for ways to speed up your SEO? If so, you’re in luck! There are a number of easy and proven ways to improve your SEO. In this blog post, we’ll share 10 of the most effective techniques. By implementing these methods, you can see improvements in your SEO in faster than expected.
There are many things people can do to speed up their website and make it rank higher on search engines. These 10 tips are some of the easiest and most effective things you can do to improve your SEO quickly.
- Do your research.
- Find the right keyword.
- Use keywords throughout your website.
- Optimize your website for speed.
- Optimize your images.
- Use social media to your advantage.
- Publish quality content.
- Promote your content.
- Focus on what your target audience needs.
- Implement a WOW effect on your web page design.
1. Do your research.
If you want to speed up your SEO, research should be the first you do. Keyword research is a crucial element of on-page optimization, but it is not the only type of research you need to do.
If you want speedy SEO, you need to perform regular comprehensive research on your field, industry and competition.
This is important because if you do not keep an eye out for changes in your industry, and if you do not adapt to them quickly, then your competitors will get a kick start over you when it comes to both an online presence and online ranking. By staying on top of this type of research, one way is so that only your brand stays competitive but also drives up its organic traffic growth.
What type of research you should do?
I will recommend the 4 main types of research about SEO:
1️⃣ Industry research: This type of research points to the prices and quantity demanded for your services or products, even the competitive pricing made by a firm. It also tackles a market share of competitors and targeting strategies.
2️⃣ Competitor research: After you understand where your products stand in front of your competitors you can develop marketing strategies to improve your brand image. Competitor analysis can help you find your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
Perform SEO and SEM techniques on your website so that your webpage appears when someone searches for your competitor. Also look up their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages to understand how they present their public face.
Helping businesses create a competitive edge is one of our many strengths at Speed SEO and we are here to help you. We use market research tools so that you don’t have to worry about spending too much time analyzing the data collected or getting confused with complex technical terms in the market research reports.
3️⃣ Competitive research: Here is where you get to understand your business S.W.O.T. (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats). This type of research should come after you know your competitors’ S.O.W.T. With this research, you will have enough ammunition to bedazzle your clients in your proposals and pitches.
Your business’s ability to out-offer its competitors with the greatest flexibility will allow your team to resolve a greater variety of customers’ needs and situations than if they were stuck within dollar signs on the pages of their contracts.
4️⃣ Keyword research: Keyword research will surely help you speed up your SEO and bring more visitors. Only you know how to select the right keywords to target. Not all keywords bring the right audience, and therefore, not all keywords can help you speed up your SEO. Choosing the right keywords is critically important.
Finding the right keywords.
First, you need to work on your website. Understand what your blog is about, what kind of topics you write about, and have a specific niche market in mind. Once you know your niche, it will be easier to select the right keywords to target. Here are some questions that you need to ask yourself:
- · Who will be your target audience?
- · How old is the focus group?
- · What location do they come from? (All around the world or specifically a country)
- · What gender is your target group? (Male/female)
Having this information about your audience, then you need to understand what are the predominant searches they perform. To do this you can look at Facebooks groups, online forums, Twitter discussions, etc. All of the before-mentioned got to be related to your industry.
At this point, you know your audience demographic, and audience interest, now is when you start selecting the “topics” that should house the keywords you need to target.
To understand what keywords will be your topics fueled with, use tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, or Keyword Planner to find out the popularity and difficulty of those keywords. If your business is new, you better focus on low-hanging fruit keywords. This means working with keywords with high search volume and low competitiveness or difficulty.
🏆 Pro Tip:
Take the list of websites’ domains of your competitors and explore their ranked keywords, see if, among the keywords they are currently ranking for, you can spot keywords with low-hanging fruit.
3. Use keywords throughout your website.
Now we reached the third step to speed up your SEO, and as you can already see, we are working with decency and order. Because this step requires precisely that, decency and order.
You can’t just use any keyword on your pages, and certainly, you cant either go live with a website that has no keyword strategy at all. And paradoxically this is more common than you think.
You need to pull from your previously made keyword research, keywords that will make sense on the type and goal of each of your web pages.
With competition being tougher than ever and your keywords suggestions getting a “wild wild west” treatment by the Google algorithm, you need to take extra care in how you incorporate and use these.
Why not stop using just “the most popular keywords?” Now that’s going to raise some eyebrows if anything, I added emphasis on JUST because you can use them all!
But it will be argued (and with good reason) that the best approach is to target relevant high-traffic keywords and specific long-tail ones rather than attempt to Rank for everything. It doesn’t work like this anymore! However… Long-tail keywords are very important in being able to pursue many of the other strategies we’ll talk about.
What’s a Long Tail Keyword?
A long-tail keyword is usually made up of three or more words that relate highly to the main focus of the web page — but not exactly. For example… The word combination “Whitehurst construction” is a short phrase describing our efforts as builders, remodelers and developers – so this short phrase makes sense.
Strategy for using important keywords throughout your website:
Step 1: Use your main keyword in your Meta Title and main title of the page, also called your <H1> tag. Focus on writing these types of titles in an attractive yet topic-focus way.
Step 2: Use your main keyword, a variation of it and some semantically related phrases in your meta description. Though the meta description is not used as a ranking factor, it is a clicking factor. The more engaging you write your meta description, the more chances you have that those search engine users will click through and land on your website.
So no, the meta description is not a ranking factor, it is a clicking factor. That later, and as stupid as it might sound, this click-through rate will be used as a ranking factor. “Welcome to the real world”
Step 3: Use the main keyword in at least two top-level <H2> tags. Here is an H2 tag: <H2> Mastering SEO technique </H2>
If you have at least two H2 tags on your main page, it’s great, but then the trick is that this keyword should be used in them.
Step 4: Use variations of the main keywords in other subheadings on the page. trying always to keep consistency and relevancy among those headings.
Step 5: In the following paragraphs of any subheading, including the <H1> tag, try to use semantic words, keywords variations, and NLP (Natural Language Processing) terms.
Step 6: Lastly you need to use your main keywords as Alt Text (Alternative Text) in all of the images displayed on the page of your website you are working on.
4. Optimize your website for speed.
In SEO, there is a “need for speed”. those websites that load fast, rank fast. Of course, it spent means that because your webpage loads in 300ms, Google or any other search engine will rank it #1 forever. Your pages need to add value to search results, if they do, they also need to have a good user experience, even for users with disabilities.
So, yes, your website needs to load faster than your competitors, or at least, be competitive in terms of loading speeds. But above all, your content has to be digested easily and understood by your audience as fast as possible.
How do you make your website load fast?
The main thing you want to do is make sure your website loads quickly and is easily digestible for users. Core Web Vitals are a good metric to use to measure this. You can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to check your website’s performance on mobile and desktop devices.
To improve your website’s performance, you can:
- – Minimize HTTP requests
- – Optimize images
- – Use a content delivery network (CDN)
- – Avoid complex animations (Parallax, text animations, carousels)
5. Optimize your images.
Speeding up your SEO is strongly related to how your website serves the images on the page.
You need to optimize the visible images on your website and make sure that their ALT attributes are correct.
A good switch you can do is using a Content Delivery Network to serve the images of your website. A CDN speeds up the loading time of a website by storing all contents of your website on different servers across the globe so users around the world will be “served” a local version of your site near to their location. This improves loading time and it significantly contributes to better SEO measures like Pagespeed Insights, YSlow and GTmetrix scores.
It goes without saying that slow pages cost you conversions and pageviews because people give up waiting for load rates from 80% (least acceptable) to 98%. With modern technology, one can easily improve these measurements which will result in higher conversion rates at no additional prices or selling terms!
6. Use social media to your advantage.
You can use social media to your advantage by reaching a large number of potential customers. Make marketing on social media an indispensable channel to advertise your products to increase brand visibility which in turn speeds up your SEO efforts.
You can use social media to connect with potential customers and create a community around your product. In addition, you can use social media to drive traffic to your website through links and improve your search engine ranking.
5 ways to use social media to your advantage
There are many ways that you can use social media to your advantage. Some of the most effective include:
- Use social media to connect with potential customers and create a community around your product.
- Use social media to drive traffic to your website through links and improve your search engine ranking.
- Use social media to create valuable content that helps improve your SEO efforts.
- Use social media to share your product or service with a wider audience and increase brand visibility.
- Many businesses use social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, to interact with current and potential customers.
7. Publish quality content.
Quality content is key to proper SEO. quality is not only looking good content, but it also refers to content that readers feel engaged with. Do not post content you don’t like yourself. There are certain metrics you can monitor to determine if your content is getting the reader´s attention, let´s look at 5 of them.
5 ways to determine the quality of your content
- Is your content fact-based? this is an important quality meter, and to say the less, it is the prerequisite number one for creating articles, videos, images or any other content format that is meant to provide information.
- Is your content up to date? Did you know that Jhon F Kenedy was murdered, this is news. But 50 years old news. nobody is interested in that anymore, at least not too many people. Focus on providing information that points to the near future or is related to current events.
- Is your content helping your readers? this is particularly important for eCommerce and only shops. regardless of the products or services you might be selling, your customers will like you to post some research about those products, how to use them, compare them with your competitor´s products, etc.
- Is your content easy to read? readability is an important indicator of quality. Yes, even if your content is technical at its core. You always have to write or prepare content that anybody can read and understand. This will play a big role when new visitors, interested in your services or products, land on your website.
- Is your content too long or too short? you don’t want to bore readers with content, neither you want to leave them waiting to find something they expected to find. Focus on providing content that covers the main topic idea, and always you got to go beyond what your competitors are doing. not in terms of length, but in terms of giving the visitors what they want and removing the need to look for more information somewhere else.
Optimize your website by writing good meta tags. Meta tags that accurately discuss your topic area help you gain more visitors.
An ideal way to get your visitors to click on images is to ask them to comment on a photo. As soon as you post the image, begin a discussion about what the picture means in relation to relevant written content and questions related to history, biography and events in the life of the subject.
8. Promote your content.
Content promotion is the process of bringing your content to a wider audience. It involves marketing your content through social media, PR, and other channels in order to get more people to see and share it.
There are many ways to promote your content to speed up your SEO. Here are 5 ideas:
1. Share it on social media
This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to promote your content. Share it on your personal profile and on any relevant pages or groups you belong to. If you have a large following on social media, this can help get your content in front of a lot of people quickly.
2. Contact influencers and ask them to share it
If you know anyone with a large social media following or blog, reach out and ask them if they would be willing to share your content. Many times, they will be happy to do so if they think their audience would be interested in it.
3. Send it to relevant news outlets or blogs
If you have something newsworthy or interesting that you think a specific outlet would be interested in,
send it to them. They may feature it on their website or share it through their social media channels if they think their readers will find it interesting.
4. Host a contest or giveaway
People love contests and giveaways, so this is a great way to get people interested in your content. Make sure the prize is something relevant to your business or industry so that people will be more likely to enter.
5. Post it on forums or online groups
If you’re active on any online forums or groups, post your content there. People who are interested in the same thing as you are more likely to see and share it if it’s posted in a place where they already hang out online.
9. Focus on what your target audience needs.
If you are really committed to speeding up your SEO, you have to stop posting content, just for the sake of posting something. each and every article have to be brainstormed, researched, and then only you can start writing. the posts must answer all the questions that your target audience might have, in a detailed and step-by-step manner.
What is search intent?
Before we get into the details of how to do keyword research for SEO, we need to understand what people are actually searching for online. This is what’s called search intent.
There are four main categories of search intent:
- Informational – The user is looking for information on a given topic.
- Navigational – The user is looking for a specific website or page.
- Transactional – The user is looking to buy a product or service.
- Commercial – The user is comparison shopping or looking for deals and coupons.
10. Implement a WOW effect on your web page design.
W.O.W stands for Well Optimized Website, we came up with this idea to cover the real intent behind all SEO efforts. You will not speed up your SEO results if you don’t provide a W.O.W effect on your website. W.O.W effect was inspired by what humans want to find in a website, yes, but also, what makes us say, WOW, when we land on an eye-appealing website.
7 Tips for having the WOW effect on your website
- Use strong and engaging images
- Use an easy-to-navigate layout
- Use typography to make a statement
- Use colour to create a hierarchy and add interest
- Use whitespace to give the eye a break
- Think about the user experience from start to finish
- Make your website load in under one second on any device.
Thank you for reading! We hope you found this article helpful. If you did, please like, follow, and comment to let us know. We wish you all the best in your SEO journey!