As an SEO, it is important to understand coding and be able to work with it. Learning to code will help you become a better SEO in many ways.
In today’s digital world, programming is an essential skill for all SEOs. Here is why you should learn to code, and 10 reasons why it will benefit your career.
1. Why SEOs need to learn how to code
As an SEO, you are always looking for ways to improve your skills and stay ahead of the curve. Learning to code can help you do that.
Learning to code can give you a great advantage in the ever-changing SEO landscape.
Technical SEO and programming are becoming more and more intertwined. As Google’s algorithms continue to evolve, SEOs must also be able to understand and work with code.
Consequently, SEOs need to learn how to programme.
It’s no secret that the world of search engine optimization is becoming more and more technical. Google is constantly rolling out new updates and features that require a deeper understanding of programming and web development.
This not only makes you more valuable to your current employer or client but also opens up a whole world of new opportunities. If you want to pursue a more technical position or start your own SEO consulting business, programming skills are essential.
“SEOs need to learn to code because….”
1. coding is a necessary skill for SEOs.
As the world of search engine optimization becomes more complex, coding skills are increasingly important for success in the field. With the rise of technical SEO and the increasing importance of things like structured data and AMP, programming skills are essential for anyone who wants to be a top-notch SEO.
2. coding can give you an edge over your competition.
If you can code, you have a huge advantage over your competitors who can’t code. Programming skills give you the ability to do things like making technical SEO changes to your website, which can give you a big advantage over your competition.
3. coding can help you better understand Google’s algorithms.
Understanding how coding works can help you better understand how Google’s algorithms work. This deeper understanding can help you optimize your website for better search engine rankings.
4. Programming skills can help you find a better-paying job.
If you want to make more money in search engine optimization, programming skills can help you find a better-paying job. Companies are increasingly looking for SEOs who’ve programming skills. If you have these skills on your resume, you can earn a higher salary.
7 benefits of learning how to code for SEO purposes
There are a few reasons why learning to code can be beneficial for SEOs:
- it can help you better understand how search engines work.
- it can give you a better understanding of what to look for when building a website.
- it can help you troubleshoot problems with your own website or with your client’s websites.
- it can help you create custom scripts and tools to automate tasks.
- it can increase your marketability and attractiveness to potential employers.
- it can help you better understand the technical side of SEO.
- you can develop more sophisticated and effective SEO strategies.
These six benefits are not all-inclusive, but they provide a good starting point for understanding how coding can help your SEO career.
2. The myth about coding and SEOs
One of the biggest myths in the search engine optimization (SEO) world is that you have to be a programming expert to be a good SEO professional. This is simply not true! While programming knowledge can help you better understand and optimize your website, it is not a prerequisite for successful search engine optimization.
There are many great resources that can help you learn more about programming and how it can impact your SEO efforts. But do not get hung up on the myth that you have to be a programming expert to be a good SEO!
Remember that programming is simply an essential part of your SEO career. And why? Because you can increase your reach, get more clients, and get results faster than any SEO who knows nothing about programming.
3. How to get started coding for SEO
If you’re not a programmer, the prospect of learning programming can be daunting.
But don’t give up – it’s not as difficult as you might think, and the benefits to your SEO (search engine optimization) can be great. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- don’t be discouraged – anyone can learn to programme.
- start with the basics – there are plenty of online resources to help you get started.
- don’t forget the basics of search engine optimization – even if you’re a programming pro, you need to know how to optimise your content.
- Keep at it – practice makes perfect, and the more you programme, the better you’ll get.
There are a variety of resources to help you get started. Check out some online courses or tutorials, or sign up for a programming Bootcamp. With dedication and hard work, you’ll be programming like a pro in no time.
4. What not to do when coding for SEO
When it comes to SEO coding, there are a few things you should definitely not do. First and foremost, don’t overdo it. Programming for SEO isn’t the same as programming for a living. You don’t have to be a programming expert to make your website search engine friendly. Just focus on the basics and you’ll be fine.
Another thing to avoid is using too many blocks of code on your pages. Yes, search engines love to code, but they also like the content. If you cram your pages full of code, you won’t rank well. Balance is the key here – use enough code to get your message across, but don’t overdo it.
Finally, don’t forget about usability. Just because something is coded well for SEO doesn’t mean it’s user-friendly. Always keep your visitors in mind when coding for SEO, and you’ll create a website that both search engines and users will love.
5. This you can do with coding skills as SEO
- improve website speed and performance
- find and fix website errors
- improve website search engine rankings
- monitor website traffic and analytics
- create and manage website content
- design and develop new websites
- optimize existing websites for better conversion rates
- perform A/B testing for websites
- implement schema markups correctly
- provide technical support for websites and digital products.
And there’s more, you just need to keep an eye on the price. Remember that all these services are focused on SEO. If you are careful, you will be more interested in programming than SEO! We do not want to lose you :).
6. Why ignoring coding will make you fall behind.
At this point, answering this question shouldn’t be necessary, but for the sake of the Google algorithm, I’ve to!
If you don’t programme, you’ll fall behind.
It’s no secret that the world is becoming more digital by the day. More and more businesses are migrating to the Internet, and more and more people are using technology in their everyday lives. As a result, the demand for programming skills will continue to grow.
Programming is the language of the future, and those who can’t programme will be left behind.
There are many resources available to help you learn how to programme. So what’re you waiting for? Start learning today!
7. What programming languages should you learn as SEO?
If you are interested in learning to code, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, you need to decide what programming language you want to learn. Based on your client’s needs or potential clients. So, initially, and to help you find the right programming code for you answer these simple questions:
- a. Are most of your clients using WP?
- b. Which programming language do you feel more comfortable with?
- c. do you have patience? (you are going to need lots of it)
These last three simple questions are the key to your decision-making when it comes to choosing which programming code you should start with.
But, I will not leave you alone in the dark, I will suggest to you in order of importance what the industry considers to be the coding programming an SEO should start with.
Now, do you know Sam Oh! Oh, you don’t? Ok, let me introduce you to Sam Oh! one of the coolest guys in the SEO industry. (I love that guy)
Pay close attention to what Sam Oh said, this is not for beginners. So if you are, come again in a few months.
8. Best Programming Language for SEOs
If you’re looking for the best programming language for SEO, you’re out of luck. There’s no one best programming language for SEO. It all depends on your needs.
Different programming languages are better suited for different tasks. Some languages are better suited for more complex applications, while others are more suited for simpler applications.
The best way to find out which programming language is best for you is to experiment with different languages and find out which one you feel most comfortable with. There’s no wrong answer when it comes to choosing a programming language. It always comes down to what works best for you.
9. Which Programming Language Should an SEO Learn First?
If you’re serious about becoming an SEO professional, then you need to learn how to code. Coding is the backbone of search engine optimization, and without it, you’ll be at a disadvantage when competing with others in the field.
10. Where you can test your programming SEO Skills?
You do have a website, I hope?
OK, there you have it, your website is your breeding ground. You have spent countless hours on it and you are convinced it’s perfect. But how do you really know if your website is effective? Is it really doing what you want it to do? Do you know how to find out?
Here are a few suggestions on where to test your SEO programming skills:
– Google Search Console: This is a great tool from Google that allows you to see how your website is performing in terms of search engine optimization. You can see what keywords your site is being found with, which pages are getting the most traffic, and more.
– Bing Webmaster Tools: Another great tool provided by another search engine. With this tool, you can view things like keyword research, website performance and much more.
– GTmetrix: This tool measures the load time of your website and gives recommendations on how to improve it.
– Pingdom Website Speed Test: Similar to GTmetrix, this tool also measures the load time of your website and gives recommendations on how you can improve it.
– PageSpeed Insights: Another Google tool that gives you insight on how to make your pages faster.
So there you have it! These are just a few of the many ways you can test your SEO programming skills. Keep at it, and soon you’ll be an SEO master!
I’ve intentionally not mentioned code validation or development tools like DreamWeaver, Visual Studio Code, Tabnine, Webstorm, Coffeecup, etc. That’s because this article is meant to familiarise you with the how, why, what, and when so you can start coding to improve your SEO career.
To improve your SEO skills:
- Programming can improve the speed and performance of your website.
- Programming can help you better understand how search engines work and what they look for when ranking websites.
- Programming can help you create more effective and targeted title tags and meta descriptions.
- Coding can help you create more compelling and effective content.
- Coding can help you ensure that the structure of your website is search engine friendly.
- Coding can help you ensure that your website is accessible to both users and search engine crawlers.
- Coding can help you create better sitemaps and internal linking structures.
- Coding can help you track your website’s analytics and performance data more effectively.
- Coding can help you automate tedious tasks related to SEO, such as link building and keyword research.
- Learning to code can make you a better problem solver, which can come in handy when you’re trying to solve complex SEO problems.
Easy to use programming tools for SEOs
In the field of search engine optimization (SEO), there are many different tools and techniques you can use to improve your website’s ranking. However, when it comes to finding the right tool for coding can be a challenge, especially if you are not an experienced programmer.
Fortunately, there are a number of user-friendly programming tools that you can use to make your SEO efforts more effective. Let us take a look at some of the best options available.
1️⃣ Codecademy: Codecademy is a free online platform that offers interactive lessons in a variety of programming languages. If you are not sure where to start, Codecademy offers a course on HTML and CSS that’s perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of web development.
2️⃣ CodeCombat: CodeCombat is another free online platform where you can learn how to code by playing games. The games are designed to help you learn specific programming concepts, and they get progressively more difficult as you progress.
3️⃣ SoloLearn: SoloLearn is a free mobile app that offers bite-sized lessons in a variety of programming languages. The app also includes a community forum where you can ask questions and get help from other programmers.
4️⃣ Coursera: Coursera is an online education platform that offers courses from leading universities and organizations. Some of the courses are free, others are paid.
5️⃣ Udacity: Udacity is another online education platform that offers courses on various topics, including programming, data science, and artificial intelligence. Unlike Coursera, all Udacity courses are self-paced and can be taken at your own pace.
6️⃣ Lynda: Now called LinkedIn Learning. Is an online learning platform that offers video courses on a variety of topics, including business, technology, and creative skills. Most courses are available via a monthly subscription, but some are available for free with a 7-day trial.
Code to the chase
This article ends here, but your SEO career continues. Now is the time to get out of your chair and get involved in your updater career.
SEOs need programming skills, but they can live without them. That’s because SEOs have different areas you can work in. You know you need to know about social media, too, because the world of search engine optimization is much more than just optimizing websites.
For sure, you will need help at some point, and we are here for you. All you have to do is contact us.