Most Successful Youtubers.
Youtubers are becoming celebrities and some of them are very successful. This makes them extremely popular, and since Youtuber videos also show up on Google search results pages, they get tonnes of views and make their creators money.
There are some YouTubers, also known as "vloggers", who make videos about companies or products. Depending on how strong a brand is, they can do this for free or for a fee. This is one of the many opportunities that the YouTube platform offers to YouTubers.
As a business, and given the influence Youtuber's have in the online marketing industry, they can help your business reach a larger audience. However, you need to make sure that your products or services appeal to the tastes of this target group.
The Rise of YouTubers
The history of YouTubers goes back practically to the beginnings of the platform itself. The platform became active in February 2005, when it was founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim. Jawed Karim launched the first youtube channel in April of the same year. The first videos on youtube at that time were about various forms of talent and entertainment.
The history and development of YouTubers
Within a few years, YouTube gained popularity on the internet. In 2007, YouTube launched a Partner Programme. The programme consisted of a kind of barter for advertising revenue. This programme offered users the opportunity to earn money from the videos they uploaded to YouTube.
Explore the backstory of Youtubers.
When the opportunity arose to earn money by uploading videos to the video platform YouTube, some creative minds decided to try to make money from the success of their videos. It is hard to say that the YouTubers thought they would become celebrities just by putting their videos online and earning a little money, but these YouTubers were the initiators of a great social experiment that has made many people millionaires.
How Youtubers changed the game of the online marketing industry.
The success of YouTubers was imminent, too many talents were discovered. They did not need a complete set of instruments or a recording set, nor did they need scripts or producers, directors, no, nothing like that, they just had to be creative enough to inspire viewers with their videos. All this led to the videos being watched more every day and attracting thousands, sometimes even millions of viewers who were also consumers of other products, just like you and me.
The upheaval in online marketing was the result of internal collusion between YouTubers and companies who saw the opportunity to present their products and services to thousands of viewers as if they were on a traditional TV marketing package.
But on YouTube, advertising was cheaper and if companies researched their audience, they could choose the right YouTuber with the right audience to showcase their products or services.
As you can see, YouTubers have changed the world by building such a business. But YouTubers are the stars because they are the ones who bring billions of subscribers to this video platform and shape the way we see the internet.
Why Youtubers Is Still Important?
We are constantly bombarded by the media. According to a recent article on PPCProtect.com, "the average person is exposed to an estimated 6,000 to 10,000 ads per day."
This means that every single person who watches a video on YouTube has the potential to become a customer - and your business can make money from it.
As an influencer on YouTube, you can also earn money by working with companies that want to sponsor you.
YouTubers are more important today than ever before. The reason is simple: the recent global shutdown forced us to work from home or just stay home. Our computers were our main channel to stay in touch with each other, which meant we were online most of the day. As a result, YouTube viewership increased dramatically. According to businessofapps.com, YouTube generated $19.7 billion in revenue in 2020, up more than 30% from the previous year.
The future of the Youtuber is here.
We will approach this subheading in two ways: as a business that needs a YouTube channel, and as an individual who wants to become a YouTuber to earn a living. The above text should have given you a solid foundation to understand how important it is for your business to have a YouTube channel and how important it is for you as an individual to be one of the successful YouTubers out there.
Why should a company have a YouTube channel?
YouTube for businesses
It may sound obvious, but many people do not really understand the importance of having an online presence. They think that if their business is successful offline, then it's no big deal to advertise on YouTube. But that's wrong.
A well-established business is only successful if it has an active online presence. Because with a variety of channels that bring customers to the business, the business has a better chance of remaining profitable and growing over time.
With YouTube, there are many reasons why your business should have a presence there. If you need some facts about it, here are 10 reasons why your business should be present on YouTube.
10 Real Statistics about YouTube that you should know
- YouTube is the second most important website in the world. The first is Google, but both belong to the same holding company. (as an advertising platform)
- YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world. (as a search engine)
- YouTube's advertising revenue was over $5 billion in Q3 2020.
- More than 500 hours of data - video, image and text content - is uploaded to the platform every minute
- There are over 2 billion monthly active users on YouTube. Cheque out the YouTube Traffic Share chart below:
- 71% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube videos. Based on a Social Media Marketing Report, created by Michael Stelzner, the founder of Social Media Examiner.
- 1 billion hours of YouTube video content watched every day
On average, 50% more views of videos aimed at beginners since 2019 than in 2020. Based on an article by Think with Google titled: "YouTube Trends Report: How Adversity Shapes Culture".
As of August 2021, on average 87% of all traffic to YouTube comes from desktop and 13% from mobile. This data comes from the SemRush tool Traffic Analytic.
- The 15-35 age group in the US uses YouTube. If you want to see a more detailed report, read the article from statista.com: Percentage of U.S. internet users who use YouTube as of 3rd quarter 2020, by age group.
You can download the full report here:
Since its inception, YouTube has been a platform for entertaining content, but it is also an important tool for marketers. As you can read above under reason number six, about 71% of all online marketers plan to use YouTube videos more as part of their marketing strategy.
If you are now thinking: "That's great, but my target group is not there". Well, think again.
YouTube has more than two billion active users worldwide. A quarter of all internet users. Consider reasons 3 and 7, as both should give you an idea of how important this platform is to a B2B and B2C marketing strategy. The platform is so strong that it is accessible in more than 100 different languages.
Still not convinced?
Your target group is not only to be found on YouTube, it is also the second most important search engine on the internet. With the right marketing strategy on YouTube, you can improve your SEO results and increase your brand presence. On YouTube, marketers can present original content that easily encourages viewers to engage, consume and share.
The Image Below Shows the Top 10 YouTube Business Channels on 2021
Here you have a Data Visualisation with the most subscribed YouTube channels from 2005 to 2021.
But how about looking at YouTube from a different angle if you want to become a YouTuber instead of knowing which companies are the most successful on YouTube.
If that's the case with you, then you need 3 key ingredients:
- Passion for something
- Follow the best practices for YouTube channels
- The necessary patience
Before you start becoming a YouTuber, you need to create your personal YouTube channel. Here are the basics for creating a YouTube channel if you do not already have one:
Creating a channel on YouTube for the first time
Create a personal channel in 4 steps
- Sign in to YouTube with a Gmail account from your computer or via the mobile website.
- Find your profile picture in the top right corner, click on it and select Create a Channel.
- The next step will guide you to create a channel.
- Cheque the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your channel.
If you are in Cyprus, you will find these 5 best YouTube channels from Cypriot Youtubers very helpful.
Top Best 3 Cypriot YouTubers
1. Cypriot YouTuber 2J with more than 1.2 million subscribers.
This is by far the most successful Cypriot YouTube channel on the island. But the fact that the island has only 900k+ inhabitants lets us know that this YouTuber has subscribers not only from Cyprus but also from other countries. Probably Greece is his second most important geography.
2. YouTuber Nicolas Jovani, with more than 154.000 subscribers
This Youtuber is one of the most popular guys out there, not only for his creativity but also for the passion with which he creates a character. Because no matter what industry you want to run your YouTube channels in, you need this first ingredient: passion.
3. Mazlimaz, another great Cypriot talented YouTube channel that may inspire you.
This channel consists of a variety of content and it is not boring, on the contrary, it is an example that creativity has many faces, but patience and dedication make the difference.
Summary: YouTube statistics
Here is a summary of YouTube stats to keep an eye on:
- YouTube is the second most searched website in the world
- YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world
- YouTube has over 2 billion users worldwide.
- In 2020, YouTube's advertising revenue was over $5 billion. 79 per cent of internet users have their own YouTube account.
- Every minute, 500 hours of videos, images and text are uploaded to YouTube
- YouTube viewers watch over one billion hours of videos every day (YouTube, 2021)
- 71% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube videos.
- YouTube exists in more than 100 countries and in 80 languages. (YouTube, 2021)
- Every day, people watch one billion hours of videos on YouTube.
- On average, 50% more views of videos aimed at beginners since 2019 than in 2020.
- More than 70% of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- As of August 2021, on average 87% of all traffic on YouTube comes from desktop and 13% from mobile.
- The 15-35 age group in the US uses YouTube.